Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why aren't His hands reaching?


This will be a short blog entry, because I'm tired and I am going off to dream-land soon! In days 15-19 of the Purpose Driven Life, I've seen an ongoing theme. A theme stressing the need to be a part of a community of believers, a theme stressing the need to love others, to have accountability, and give and receive mercy and sympathy. I am a part of God's family, a part of the Body of Christ. I need to act it.... to live it. For the past several years, I have turned myself "inward" and away from the body of believers. How wrong this is! I look back on the years in which I had the most spiritual growth, and they were the ones in which I was a part of a small group of other believers whom I was honest and open with. I didn't know that reading this book was going to ignite such a change in my life, but I have a feeling "a change is gonna come!"


"But if we are the Body

Why aren't His arms reaching ?

Why aren't His hands healing?

Why aren't His words teaching ?

And if we are the Body,

Why aren't His feet going?

Why is His love not showing them there is a way?" Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment