Tuesday, January 27, 2009

so frustrated...

I don't know what it is about me... Why do I withold from the Lord? Why am I unwilling to fully surrender to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to control my life? I am learning that sanctification is an ongoing process; however, I am not allowing Christ into every aspect of my life. I continue to hold onto sin which separates me from His power and will for my life. Observing this about myself poses the question... Am I willing to allow the Holy Spirit to change me? Why do I continue to think about "my" way instead of God's way?

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Lord, this is my prayer, allow the Holy Spirit to fully change my heart. Change my thoughts and my desires. I surrender to you, to your everlasting love and power. I am weak. I am broken. Take my will, please Lord, and make it yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment