Sunday, January 18, 2009

Renewal


I have experienced renewal in my relationship with the Lord. It is so exciting, like getting back in touch with someone who you were once really close to, but lost touch somehow. During that time, I didn't realize how much I really missed him. However, since I have rediscovered him, I know how much I really need him and love him! It sounds rather strange for me to be speaking of my relationship with the Almighty One like this, but I just can't think of a better way to describe it! I need to lean on Him and trust Him--just as I would a very close friend. I need to seek to spend time with Him, grow in my friendship with Him. I am not going to hold anything back--I will be completely honest.


"Revive me according to your loving kindness. Revive me, that I may seek your word. Revive me, Oh Lord. You give me understanding according to your word. Great peace for those who seek your face. I long for salvation, my lips shall praise your name. I'll rejoice in the treasure of your keep. For all my ways are before you. I let your hand become my help. My soul longs and adores you. Let my cry come before you, Oh Lord. Revive me." -Jeremy Camp

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Angie, because I KNOW how good it feels like to discover Him all over again. I've learned this lesson so many times: when He's farther away than I want Him to be, it's not because He's moved, it's because I moved. The good news is: when I take a step toward Him, He comes closer too, until we are holding hands and walking together again. That's when I'm reminded how full life can be. Oh what a feeling to be Revived!

    Thanks for sharing, sister.

    ReplyDelete