Tuesday, November 10, 2009

releasing the struggles..over and over!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I get so caught up in myself, caught up in my struggles with my demons. I make them so big in my mind and get all tangled up--so much so that I feel I need to leave everything and everyone behind--including my husband and daughter. I am not speaking of dying, but just leaving.. packing up and heading out but, unfortunately, myself will always follow. I know, I know, this sounds horrible, but this is the degree to which this struggle has plagued me. But, I came upon an enlightenment this morning as I was listening to Rita Springer--in this particular song she says "I'm grabbing onto the garments of grace." And it hit me, I need to hold onto His grace and never let go. My God is so, so much bigger than any struggle I could ever conceive in my mind. His Grace Is Enough! These are words and "concepts" that are not new to me, but this time I take them to heart. I make them my prayer. I accept this struggle, Lord, I hold onto it, make it make me feel miserable and ashamed, unworthy of your death and resurrection........... Now, I release it to you. I will rest in your everlasting grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment