Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Desperation

I was listening to a devotional by Jeremy Camp for his song "Surrender," and I was really, completely touched by something he said that I had to write it down. In it, Jeremy Camp says : "The more I walk with the Lord, the closer my walk goes with Him, the more I realize my desperation for Him." I just love this, because it reminds me of the writings of Paul.. "For He has said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore, I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties for the sake of Christ, for when I am weak, then I am strong." II Corinthians 12:9-11 (I'm thankful to say I typed that from memory.) In this, I remind myself that when I struggle with something it just allows me to lean on Him more.. that I am desperate for Him!
The quote was taken from one of Jeremy Camp's devotionals for the song "Surrender." It's a reminder that we need to come before the King and daily surrender to Him.
Purify this tainted soul
I'm tired of living life a fool
Soften up this hardened clay
To be a servant this I pray
A reflection of you I long to be
So your kingdom I will seek
I surrender to your throne
I will make my heart your home
Oh I surrender to your throne
I've taken things I thought my own
Only to reap what I've sown
You've given back the years I've fought
Unending love and grace you've brought
Eterna hope and peace you bring
And forever unto you I will sing
I surrender to your throne......Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment